I’m Lisa O’Malley and I’m proud to be part of the McGowan Government that is committed to delivering for Bicton.
I was elected on a platform of fighting for our local community and I’ve done that every day since 2017 Election.
As the first Member for Bicton, I’m focused on what really matters: jobs, health, education and our environment.
I’ve lived in Palmyra with my husband for 25+ years now, and we share a home with our two kids, and our dog Archie.
I’m a local Mum, a family-business owner, a former P&C President (and current Committee member), a former Manager of the Palmyra Farmers Market, a former aqua-aerobics instructor at Freo Leisure Centre.
My journey from P&C President to Parliamentarian has been driven by a simple belief: that people drive policy, and a belief that we can better our society one street at a time.
That’s why along with being in Parliament, I doorknock, call and reach out to our local community week in and week out.
And I’ll keep doing it everyday that I’m lucky enough to be in this role – because that’s what matters.
Because you matter to our local community.
It’s an immense privilege to serve for the people of the electorate of Bicton, and one I never take for granted.
Some achievements I’m especially proud of (but certainly not limited to) include:
- Delivering a $4.5M Performing Arts Centre at Melville Senior High School
- Funding local Bicton primary schools over $800,000 as part of our Major Maintenance Blitz (including converting classes to Science Labs)
- Delivering a $1.8M upgrade of facilities at the Fremantle Netball Association
- Banning single-use plastic bags
- Passing legislation for the Container Deposit Scheme
- Commencing the $118M High Street Upgrade
- Delivering Urgent Care Clinics at Health Watch Melville and Leeuwin Medical Centre
Want to find out more about me, or the work, I and the McGowan Government have done for our community?
Get in touch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 9319 1732, stay up to date here on Facebook, or
drop by my office at Stammers Marketplace and say hello.